Dark chocolate tart with almonds
350g of sugar
250g of Bitter dark chocolate
200g of flour
200g of butter
40g of cocoa
1 teaspoonful of baking powder
250mL of water
200g of Bitter dark chocolate
100g of butter
200g of toasted almond flakes
1. Line the 26 cm round springform with baking paper – fold the paper over the edges and into the bottom of the springform.
2. First whisk the eggs and add water. The water must be as cold as possible.
3. Melt the chocolate in the other bowl and mix with room-temperature butter.
4. Add the chocolate-butter mixture to the whisked eggs and water mixture and mix carefully until even.
5. Now mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar and add this to the cake batter as well.
6. Pour the batter carefully into the prepared springform and bake at 140–160°C for 1–1.5 hours. In order to add moisture in the oven, place a water bowl at the bottom of the oven.
7. In order to make the glaze, melt the chocolate and mix with room-temperature butter. Spread the topping evenly on the cake and sprinkle the sides of the cake with almond flakes.
8. Keep the cake in a cool place for at least half an hour before serving.