Kalev confectionery restored its historical business name AS Kalev
Kalev confectionery, which has been operating under the business name “AS Kalev Chocolate Factory” in recent years, re-adopted its historical name “AS Kalev”.
“We have dropped the foreign words from Kalev’s business name in order to simplify the name and make it easier to pronounce in the Estonian language. For Estonians, Kalev is still “Kalev” and abroad we are also known primarily by the name “Kalev”. The change has to do only with the official business name; Estonia’s most appreciated trademark “Kalev” will remain with the products in its existing form,” said Kaido Kaare, CEO of AS Kalev.
The undertaking, which has been using the trademark “Kalev” since 1962, operated as AS Kalev Chocolate Factory from 2006, when the divisions producing chocolate and sugar confectionery were separated from the parent company.
According to AS Nielsen, a market research company, AS Kalev’s market share from December 2011 to January 2012 was 40.5 percent, having thus increased by 2.1 percentage points during one year.
- Kalev will use sustainably produced cocoa
- Kalev invested € 3.2 million in new state-of-the-art equipment
- Birgit Õigemeel is the first Estonian Eurovision Song Contest singer to have her own chocolate
- Estonia's most beloved brand continues to be Kalev
- Kalev presented the Estonia Opera Theatre with a marzipan likeness of the building for its 100th jubilee
- Kalev has renewed its chocolate kitchen at a cost of over 3 million euros
- Kalev confectionery restored its historical business name AS Kalev
- Epic heroes meet up in unified national chocolate series
- On Valentine's Day, remember your friend as well as your sweetheart
- Kalev's Christmas orders have increased exponentially
- Kalev launched two new chocolate bars with nuts
- New Maiuspala candy box arriving in stores
- Kalev brings Mesikäpp ice cream into the market
- Kalev organises a travelling exhibition about the history of Estonian confectionery industry
- Kalev Désirée chocolates were acknowledged as the Best Estonian Confectionery Product 2011
- Consumers consider Kalev to be the best Estonian trademark
- Marzipan lovers have a reason to rejoice!
- The best gifts for Valentine’s Day are the sweet ones
- The new marketing director of Kalev Chocolate Factory is Anne Tääkre
- Kalev returns to its historical home